News, Review, Ideas & Weddings......

Creating an Amazing Experience is more than just showing up of the day of your celebration and playing great music, it is being a valuable link between the planning stages of your event and the lasting memories that you and your guests will savour forever more.

We blog to keep all of our friends current in what is important in our lives and work. From HOT New Wedding trends, to people we think you should meet, to what our customers have said about us. We also will dish out some valuable advise for your events along the way.

You can always visit our website to learn more about us!
http://www.soundsofdistinction.ca/

Cheers!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NightinGail Photography - Gail Kenney

Gail is a truly gifted photographer based out of the Barrie area. She captures weddings in a phenomenal style and is wonderful to work along with. Check out her website at www.nightingailphotography.com and in the meantime, here are the questions we asked her and her responses.



1. Why do you love being a photographer?

I have the best job in the world. I love being able to photograph people and transform those fleeting moments in a life into a format that will become a timeless precious heirloom. I have always loved taking pictures and being a photographer has allowed me the opportunity to provide creative images for those special moments in peoples' lives like weddings. Because I am such a people-person, my business has specialized in photographing weddings and life-style portraits.



2. How did you get into this business?

I actually "fell" into the business. I have always loved photography and had been taking photos ever since I was a little girl. When I got married, I realized that I wanted to put my "hobby" into capturing those special events like weddings. I wanted to be the person on the other side of the camera who could get just the "right" image that makes the statement for each particular event. I was strongly encouraged by my husband to use my talent to open NightinGail Photography and that was five years ago. I have never looked back!



3. What is your favorite wedding that you have ever captured?

That's a hard one. I have a lot of favourites but I guess the most unique weddings are the ones that really stick in my mind like Edmund & Eve's. She had one of the most unique gowns I had ever seen and she had planned such a special surprise for her husband - an antique car to drive them around after the ceremony at the haunted church - St. Columbekill in Uptergrove.



4. Where do you see your company going in the next five years?

We are growing! I now have two second shooters who work with me on a regular basis. We are also expanding our home studio and will be moving into a new location, hopefully in the fall. In five years, I want to be photographing even more special friends and clients!




5. Why do we love you? What makes you special?

I am an extremely passionate person who gives 110% of myself to each and every client's wedding day. I custom design all of our albums and make sure that my clients are 110% satisfied with the outcome of their day, their prints and canvases and their albums.

I am the "real" deal and what you see, is what you get - trustworthy, reliable and honest in all of my business and personal dealings with friends, family, clients and business associates. I also have a great laugh and do see the humour in most situations!



Thank you Gail! We are looking forward to working with you this upcoming season!

Dan and Laura Forbes

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Dan & Laura! I am so looking forward to working with you this year!

    All the best!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete